We all know the feeling of a clean house. The satisfaction of knowing every surface is dust-free, and every floor is spotless can make even the most chaotic day feel a little bit better. So that’s why we bring you these 6 common cleaning mistakes you might be making.
Here are 6 common cleaning mistakes you might be making:
- Not Reading Labels: Using cleaning products without reading their labels can lead to improper usage, potential damage to surfaces, or even health hazards. Always read and follow instructions for effective and safe cleaning.
- Overlooking High-Touch Areas: Focusing solely on visible surfaces may lead to neglecting high-touch areas like doorknobs, light switches, and remote controls. These areas harbor germs and should be regularly cleaned and disinfected.
- Using Too Much Cleaner: Using excessive cleaning product doesn’t necessarily mean better results. It can leave residue and require more effort to rinse off. Follow recommended dilution ratios and usage guidelines.
- Using Dirty Cleaning Tools: Reusing dirty sponges, cloths, or mop heads can spread dirt and germs instead of cleaning. Regularly clean or replace these tools to ensure effective cleaning.
- Not Letting Disinfectants Sit: Disinfectants need time to effectively kill germs. Allow them to sit on surfaces for the recommended contact time before wiping them down.
- Ignoring Ventilation: Using strong cleaning products in poorly ventilated areas can lead to inhaling harmful fumes. Always clean in well-ventilated spaces or use a mask when necessary.
Remember if you want to get your house Sparkling Cleaned without moving a finger, don’t hesitate and call Cleany!