How to Clean a Diffuser? Cleaning a diffuser is essential to ensure it functions properly and to maintain the purity of the essential oils you use.
- White vinegar or rubbing alcohol
- Soft cloth or cotton swabs
- Mild dish soap
- Essential oil (optional, for a pleasant aroma after cleaning)
- Unplug the Diffuser:
- Before cleaning, make sure the diffuser is unplugged to ensure safety.
- Empty the Water Reservoir:
- Pour out any remaining water from the diffuser.
- Wipe Down the Exterior:
- Use a soft, damp cloth to wipe down the exterior of the diffuser to remove any dust or residue.
- Clean the Water Reservoir:
- Fill the water reservoir halfway with clean water.
- Add a few drops of mild dish soap.
- Gently swish the water around to help loosen any oil or residue.
- Empty the soapy water.
- Deep Cleaning with Vinegar or Rubbing Alcohol:
- Fill the water reservoir halfway with either white vinegar or rubbing alcohol.
- Let it sit for about 15-20 minutes to break down any oil deposits.
- Gently scrub the reservoir with a soft brush or cotton swab to remove any stubborn residue.
- Rinse Thoroughly:
- Rinse the diffuser with clean water several times to ensure that all cleaning agents are removed.
- Clean the Ultrasonic Plate:
- If your diffuser has an ultrasonic plate, use a cotton swab dampened with vinegar or rubbing alcohol to clean it. Gently wipe away any buildup.
- Dry Completely:
- Allow the diffuser to air dry completely before using it again. Ensure that all parts are dry to prevent mold growth.
- Optional: Diffuse Essential Oils:
- If desired, you can run the diffuser with a mixture of water and a few drops of your favorite essential oil to give it a pleasant scent.
- Regular Maintenance:
- Clean your diffuser regularly, especially if you change the type of essential oils you use.
Remember if you want to get your house Sparkling Cleaned without moving a finger, don’t hesitate and call Cleany!