How to clean vinyl floors? Maintaining vinyl flooring so that it looks good for a long time is easy to do. Here’s how to keep your vinyl floors in tip-top shape.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to clean vinyl floors:
- Remove loose dirt: Start by sweeping or vacuuming the floor to remove any loose dirt, dust, or debris. Use a soft-bristle broom or a vacuum cleaner with a soft brush attachment to avoid scratching the surface.
- Prepare a cleaning solution: Fill a bucket with warm water and add a few drops of mild dish soap or a pH-neutral vinyl floor cleaner. Avoid using harsh chemicals, abrasive cleaners, or products that contain wax, as they can damage the vinyl.
- Mop the floor: Dip a mop or a microfiber cloth into the cleaning solution and wring it out well. You want the mop or cloth to be damp, not soaking wet. Start mopping the floor, working in small sections at a time. Be careful not to over-wet the vinyl, as excessive water can seep into the seams and cause damage.
- Scrub stubborn stains: For stubborn stains or scuff marks, you can use a soft-bristle brush or a non-abrasive sponge to gently scrub the affected area. Apply a bit of the cleaning solution directly to the stain and scrub in a circular motion. Avoid using abrasive pads or brushes that can scratch the vinyl.
- Rinse the floor: Once you have finished mopping and scrubbing, rinse the mop or cloth thoroughly and go over the floor again with clean water. This step is essential to remove any soapy residue that may be left behind.
- Dry the floor: After rinsing, use a clean, dry mop or a towel to remove excess water from the floor. Allow the vinyl to air dry completely before walking on it again.
- Avoid using steam cleaners or excessive water on vinyl floors, as they can cause damage or loosen the adhesive.
- Place doormats at entryways to prevent dirt and grit from being tracked onto the vinyl floor.
- Clean up spills promptly to prevent staining or damage.
- Avoid using abrasive cleaners, bleach, ammonia, or wax-based products on vinyl floors.
Remember if you want to get your house Sparkling Cleaned without moving a finger, don’t hesitate and call Cleany!