How To Deep Clean a Microwave? This is a very common question since the microwave is one of the products that need the most cleaning since we use it a lot.
To deep clean a microwave, follow these steps:
- Gather your supplies: You’ll need a microwave-safe bowl, water, white vinegar, a sponge or soft cloth, dish soap, and a clean towel.
- Remove any loose debris: Wipe away any loose food particles or spills from the inside of the microwave using a dry cloth or paper towel.
- Create a cleaning solution: Fill the microwave-safe bowl with equal parts water and white vinegar. For example, you can use 1 cup of water and 1 cup of vinegar.
- Microwave the cleaning solution: Place the bowl with the water and vinegar solution inside the microwave. Heat it on high power for 5 minutes or until the solution comes to a boil. This will create steam that helps loosen any dried-on food or stains.
- Let the steam work: After the microwave finishes, keep the door closed and let the steam continue to work for about 5 minutes. This helps further loosen the grime inside the microwave.
- Carefully remove the bowl: Use oven mitts or a towel to remove the hot bowl of cleaning solution from the microwave. Be cautious as it may be hot.
- Wipe down the interior: Open the microwave door and carefully wipe down the interior surfaces with a sponge or soft cloth soaked in the water and vinegar solution. Pay attention to any stubborn spots and gently scrub them.
- Clean the turntable and other removable parts: Remove the turntable and any other removable parts, such as the microwave rack, if applicable. Wash them with dish soap and warm water in the sink. Dry them thoroughly before placing them back in the microwave.
- Clean the exterior: Use a sponge with soap to wipe down the exterior surfaces of the microwave. Be sure to rinse off any soap residue and dry with a clean towel.
Remember if you want to get your house Sparkling Cleaned without moving a finger, don’t hesitate and call Cleany!
To purchase the best Cleaning products recommended by professionals, go to our Cleany Store!