How to Deep Clean and Disinfect Your Luggage? If you dislike unpacking your suitcase at the end of a trip, the idea of cleaning the luggage probably seems like a dreaded chore. But cleaning is necessary.
To deep clean and disinfect your luggage:
- Empty your luggage: Remove all items from your luggage and set them aside.
- Vacuum the interior: Use a vacuum cleaner with a brush attachment to thoroughly clean the inside of your luggage. Pay close attention to the corners, seams, and pockets where dirt and debris can accumulate.
- Wipe down the exterior: Use a damp cloth or sponge and a mild detergent to wipe down the outside of your luggage, including the handles and wheels. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners that could damage the surface.
- Spot clean stains: If you notice any stains on your luggage, treat them with a stain remover appropriate for the material of your bag. Follow the instructions on the stain remover and use a clean cloth to gently blot the stain until it is removed.
- Disinfect the interior: Prepare a solution of warm water and a mild disinfectant such as diluted bleach, rubbing alcohol, or an antibacterial spray. Dampen a clean cloth or sponge with the solution and wipe down the interior surfaces of your luggage.
- Pay special attention to high-touch areas such as zippers, handles, and lining.
- Allow to air dry: After cleaning and disinfecting, leave your luggage open and air dry completely. This will help prevent any moisture buildup that could lead to mold or mildew.
- Clean the wheels and handles: Use a small brush or toothbrush to clean the wheels and handles of your luggage. Remove any dirt, hair, or debris that may have accumulated in these areas.
- Treat odors: If your luggage has a lingering odor, you can sprinkle baking soda on the interior surfaces and let it sit for a few hours or overnight. Vacuum or wipe away the baking soda afterward.
- Reassemble and store: Once your luggage is dry and clean, reassemble it by placing your items back inside. If possible, store your luggage in a clean and dry area to prevent it from collecting dust or moisture.
Remember to refer to the manufacturer’s instructions for any specific cleaning recommendations or restrictions for your luggage.
To purchase the best Cleaning products recommended by professionals, go to our Cleany Store!